[SR-Users] SEMS license with kamailio and rtpengine

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Feb 9 13:50:17 CET 2022

> On Feb 9, 2022, at 7:46 AM, Henning Westerholt <hw at gilawa.com> wrote:
>
>> If modules are designed to run linked together in a shared address space, that almost surely means combining them into one program.”
>
> This is exactly what applies to Kamailio due to the core and module architecture. The core and modules also share common data structures and memory segments.

I see. So, practically, the only way a custom module could be considered meaningfully separate according to these criteria is if it were a standalone service to which Kamailio interfaced using very narrowly confined and general-purpose communication channels?

— Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)