[SR-Users] Failure route with t_relay()

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Feb 8 21:11:22 CET 2022

Hi Max,

This is one of those requests that sounds a little peculiar. It might help if you shared the larger problem you are trying to solve; perhaps there is a better approach altogether.

Notwithstanding that, you need to create a new branch in the failure_route. This happens in one of two ways:

1) Explicitly, with append_branch(); your not having done this is what the log is complaining about;

2) Implicitly, by modifying the Request URI in some way, e.g.

However, I do not believe modifying the destination set ($du) triggers the implicit creation of a new branch. Accordingly, you will need to call append_branch() yourself prior to t_relay().

— Alex