[SR-Users] How to enforce max_contacts at registration?

Benoit Panizzon benoit.panizzon at imp.ch
Tue Aug 16 16:09:21 CEST 2022

Hi List

After some more google research and finding this thread

https://www.mail-archive.com/sr-dev@lists.kamailio.org/msg18728.html

and some more testing, I think I can conclude that setting

$xavp(reg=>max_contacts) = $anyvalue

is just not working as described in the documentation:

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.1.x/modules/registrar.html#idp47250596

So I went ahead and pulled:

reg_fetch_contacts("location", "$var(saveuri)", "caller")
to get $(ulc(caller=>count))

But now I face a new problem: When I get a registration, I don't know
if this a legitimate update for a existing registration or the insertion
of a new registration which would exceed the numbers of registration I
want to allow for that specific AOR.

Any hint how to solve that challenge or how $xavp(reg=>max_contacts)
could be made to work as documented?

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon-
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden