[SR-Users] Where to find DMQ protocol specification

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 18:55:30 CEST 2022

Hello,

I don't think there is any specification document for DMQ. Probably it
would be good to add a page for it to the wiki content, which can now be
changed via commit to github project:

  - https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio-wiki

Some details that I could add here from my observations and what I can
remember:

  - when a peer joins the cluster sends a sip request to the "peers"
specified via modparams and retrieves the other peers from them. The
peers are listed per line in the body of the sip messages, the format
being sip uri per peer, with some parameters to provide the state (?!?iirc)

  - when a peer leaves the cluster, I don't think it's sending anything,
the other peers scout periodically the availability of the other peers
by sending "keepalive" (peers discovery) requests

Otherwise, besides having the SIP message format, the body structure is
specific per module that triggers DMQ traffic, like htable, dialog,
usrloc and dmq itself. Some use json format or raw text, what how data
is set there is a matter of each module. The source code is the
authoritative documentation right now.