[SR-Users] High performance

Henning Westerholt hw at gilawa.com
Wed Apr 27 19:51:53 CEST 2022

Hello,

it is usally pretty hard to give a generic answer to this kind of questions, as you can also see in the lack of other replies. It all depends on the exact configuration, dependencies, user agents, PBX, trunks etc..

128GB RAM is much more than you usually need, Kamailio is normally happy with a few GB even for a really large setup.
For 20k concurrent calls you probably want to have multiple instances, just for maintenance and to not have a single point of failure.

I would just go for virtual hardware, which is obviously much easier to upgrade. Then start with a common setup that you use also in other installations and do benchmark. If you encounter a bottle-neck, optimize the necessary parts, increase the resources or scale out.

Cheers,

Henning

--
Henning Westerholt – https://skalatan.de/blog/