[SR-Users] How to disable video in invite with both audio and video

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Fri Apr 22 16:55:14 CEST 2022

On 22/04/2022 10.46, [EXT] Henning Westerholt wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I did not look in the RFC regarding the removing the video line in
> questions. You are probably referring to the sdp_remove_media() function.
>
> Do you expect problems when you are doing this? A quick web search
> found a similar suggestion also e.g. for Cisco router and others.

The problem with simply removing a media section is that the answer
going back to the A-side will have mismatched media sections, which is
invalid according to the RFC.

You can remove the video media section in the offer going from A to B,
but in the answer from B to A the media section should be restored with
the port set to zero, indicating a rejected media section. Since the
answer from B won't contain a section for the video, a new `m=` must be
inserted in the SDP going back to A, matching the `m=` originally
presented by A.

Cheers