[SR-Users] How to disable video in invite with both audio and video

Simone de Blasiis simone.deblasiis at teameis.it
Fri Apr 22 16:31:44 CEST 2022

Hello to everyone,
we have a Kamailio 5.5 + RTPEngine deployment.
Some devices will send an invite with both audio and video in the offer and
we are trying to disable the video portion of the invite by either setting
the video port to 0 or by setting a=inactive in the video portion of the
SDP packet.
We know that sdpops has a function that would be able to remove the video
portion but it violates standards so we can't use it.
We need to disable the video in the SDP offers because one of the pstn
providers we are using doesn't accept invites that contain a video offer.
I've spent days searching but I can't find an obvious way of achieving this.
We were originally doing it with textops but we've been having some issues
where the sdp wouldn't be modified correctly in reinvites after the
original call is in place so we're looking for alternatives.
Can someone please help us?
Thanks in advance
Simone de Blasiis