[SR-Users] append new a= in SDP (without rtpengine)

Lewis Hutchinson lewis.hutchinson at missionlabs.co.uk
Thu Apr 14 11:31:43 CEST 2022

After a lot of playing around and fixing a silly mistake I had made I have managed to get it to work however the issue I have is, using:

           KSR.textops.replace_body_all("a=record:off", "a=record:on")
           KSR.textops.replace_body_str("a=record:off", "a=record:on", "a")

The SDP entry is not replaced but a new one added

v=0
o=ml-live-A 1649898066 1649898067 IN IP4 1.1.1.1
s=ml-live-A
c=IN IP4 1.1.1.1
t=0 0
m=audio 35238 RTP/AVP 8 0 102 9 101 103
a=record:off < ------------------------------------------------------------- Not replaced but left in situ
a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
a=rtpmap:102 opus/48000/2
a=fmtp:102 useinbandfec=1; usedtx=1; maxaveragebitrate=30000; maxplaybackrate=48000; sprop-maxcapturerate=48000; ptime=20; minptime=10; maxptime=40
a=rtpmap:9 G722/8000
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
a=fmtp:101 0-15
a=rtpmap:103 telephone-event/48000
a=fmtp:103 0-15
a=sendrecv
a=rtcp:35239
a=ptime:20

This is still present in the debug log

DEBUG: <core> [core/parser/sdp/sdp.c:599]: parse_sdp_session(): ignoring unknown type in a= line: `a=record:off#015#012a=ptime:20...'

I know I can load SDPOPD and remove the, a=record:off but I am under the impression that it should not be required if TEXTOPS was doing its job properly

Any help is appreciated

Lewis