[SR-Users] Auth_ephemeral Module > username_format not accepted

Luciano Motti luciano.motti at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 17:31:08 CEST 2022

Hi!

I was able to successfully use the auth_ephemeral module on my environment:
Kamailio > Asterisk > ARI

I ran into a problem with ARI, where Asterisk wouldn't send the complete
from URI to ARI program, just the first part (timestamp), and the most
important part (the username) isn't forwarded.

For example:
Kamailio username: 1649106119:1001
Asterisk only forwards 1649106119 to ARI, which makes it impossible for me
to track the user.

So I planned on using the deprecated username_format from Auth Ephemeral
module:
https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.1.x/modules/auth_ephemeral.html#auth_eph.p.username_format

By switching the timestamp with the username, my problems would be fixed.

After setting the variable, and trying to register on Kamailio with
username 1001:1649106119, I get an error message: SIP/2.0 400 Bad From URI

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!