[SR-Users] upgrade kamailio 4.4.x-to-5.0.0 - PostgreSQL migrations
hw at skalatan.de
Thu Sep 30 19:48:34 CEST 2021
have a look to the docs e.g., here, and replace mysql with postgres:
There is a tool “kamdbctl” for it, you can also just use the plain scheme files in the kamailio source.
Henning Westerholt – https://skalatan.de/blog/
Kamailio services – https://gilawa.com<https://gilawa.com/>
From: Giovanni Tommasini - timenet srl <giovanni.tommasini at timenet.it>
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2021 4:46 PM
To: Kamailio (SER) - Users Mailing List <sr-users at lists.kamailio.org>
Cc: Henning Westerholt <hw at skalatan.de>
Subject: Re: [SR-Users] upgrade kamailio 4.4.x-to-5.0.0 - PostgreSQL migrations
thank you for your reply.
Can you tell me where I can find information on how to "Install the new 5.4.x kamailio postgres DB"?
Il giorno gio 30 set 2021 alle ore 09:03 Henning Westerholt <hw at skalatan.de<mailto:hw at skalatan.de>> ha scritto:
You are doing a bigger step in one upgrade. I would suggest the following approach to get the DB differences:
· Do a pg_dump -s for the database schema on the existing 4.4.x DB
· Install the new 5.4.x kamailio postgres DB on a test server etc..
· Do a pg_dump -s for the new database schema on the test server
· Compare the two schemas e.g. with diff or similar tool
· Use this to create an ALTER TABLE to (a copy) of the old database on a test server and test
· Alternatively you can of course also use other SQL techniques to insert the old data into the new one
From: sr-users <sr-users-bounces at lists.kamailio.org<mailto:sr-users-bounces at lists.kamailio.org>> On Behalf Of Giovanni Tommasini - timenet srl
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 10:06 AM
To: sr-users at lists.kamailio.org<mailto:sr-users at lists.kamailio.org>
Subject: [SR-Users] upgrade kamailio 4.4.x-to-5.0.0 - PostgreSQL migrations
I'm working on upgrading Kamailio from 4.4.6 to 5.4.0 in an installation where I use PostgreSQL
I understand that I have to upgrade in steps by following these links:
in most of these links, in the section "Database", I find only the subsection "MySQL Database Structure", but I don't find the indications for DB migrations for PostgreSQL Database.
Only here https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/install/upgrade/5.2.x-to-5.3.0 I found both the subsection "MySQL Database Structure" and "PostgreSQL Database Structure".
What does this mean?
- that I'm getting lost in a glass of water?
- or that I don't have to make any changes to PostgreSQL?
- or that the queries to be launched on PostgreSQL are the same as those for MySQL? I would discard this hypothesis
- or that the wiki sections for PostgreSQL are missing? If this were the case, I could proceed with the update and then share the queries I launched to update the wiki.
thanks a lot
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the sr-users