[SR-Users] RTPEngine + Kamailio state question

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Thu Sep 30 19:32:10 CEST 2021

On 30/09/2021 13.17, [ EXT ] Alex Balashov wrote:
> I’m not sure how the mapping works internally. But whatever the operation is, is that value stored somewhere or possible to store somewhere so as to persist across restarts in a turn-key way?

AFAICR the node is selected based on a deterministic hash over the call
ID. So as long as the config doesn't change between restarts, the node
selected from any particular call ID would remain the same.

The exception is cases where the selected node was not available and the
call then had to go to a secondary fallback node. AFAIK this association
is stored in memory only and would be lost after a restart (which would
become a problem if the previously unavailable node is now back up).

Cheers