[SR-Users] upgrade kamailio 4.4.x-to-5.0.0 - PostgreSQL migrations

Giovanni Tommasini - timenet srl giovanni.tommasini at timenet.it
Wed Sep 29 10:06:13 CEST 2021

Hi Dears,

I'm working on upgrading Kamailio from 4.4.6 to 5.4.0 in an installation
where I use PostgreSQL

I understand that I have to upgrade in steps by following these links:
- http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/install/upgrade/4.4.x-to-5.0.0
- http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/install/upgrade/5.0.x-to-5.1.0
- https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/install/upgrade/5.1.x-to-5.2.0
- https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/install/upgrade/5.2.x-to-5.3.0
- https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/install/upgrade/5.3.x-to-5.4.0

in most of these links, in the section "Database", I find only the
subsection "MySQL Database Structure", but I don't find the indications for
DB migrations for PostgreSQL Database.

Only here https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/install/upgrade/5.2.x-to-5.3.0 I
found both the subsection "MySQL Database Structure" and "PostgreSQL
Database Structure".

What does this mean?
- that I'm getting lost in a glass of water?
- or that I don't have to make any changes to PostgreSQL?
- or that the queries to be launched on PostgreSQL are the same as those
for MySQL? I would discard this hypothesis
- or that the wiki sections for PostgreSQL are missing? If this were the
case, I could proceed with the update and then share the queries I launched
to update the wiki.

thanks a lot
Giovanni Tommasini