[SR-Users] siptrace & topos modules on 5.3

Angelo Sipper sippro97 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 19:57:07 CEST 2021

Hi,

We are using kamailio 5.3 latest version with the topos module. We have
added Homer 7 latest version to consolidate traces from all kamailios and
we have enabled siptrace module on kamailio to send data to homer. What we
have seen up today is that traces on homer have sip headers before topos
changes. So if I look at the same call on sngrep on the kamailio machine, I
see the correct topos changed headers. If I check the same call on Homer I
see headers without topos changes. Also we get duplicate headers on ACKs on
homer.

I was wondering what we have done wrong in the config and we have these
results on homer. Any help will be much appreciated!

Our config has:
===========-
#!substdef "!MY_HOMER_CAPTURE!sip:MY_HOMER_IP_ADDR:MY_HOMER_PORT!g"
#!substdef "!MY_LOCAL_SENDSOCK!sip:MY_KAMAILIO_IP:MY_LOCAL_SEND_PORT!g"

loadmodule "topos.so"
loadmodule "siptrace.so"

modparam("siptrace", "force_send_sock", "MY_LOCAL_SENDSOCK")
modparam("siptrace", "duplicate_uri", "MY_HOMER_CAPTURE")
modparam("siptrace", "hep_mode_on", 1)
modparam("siptrace", "hep_version", 3)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_to_database", 0)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_on", 1)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_mode", 0)
modparam("siptrace", "hep_capture_id", NODE_ID)

modparam("topos", "db_url", DBURL)
modparam("topos", "mask_callid", 0)
modparam("topos", "sanity_checks", 0)
modparam("topos", "branch_expire", 130) # 3 Min
modparam("topos", "dialog_expire", 10800) # 3 Hours
modparam("topos", "clean_interval", 60)
modparam("topos", "event_mode", 3)

request_route {
sip_trace_mode("t");