[SR-Users] Kamailio/Asterisk Realtime issues

Hayden Ryan sr-users at hr.id.au
Tue Oct 26 02:01:09 CEST 2021

Hi all,
I have Kamailio and Asterisk set up in a realtime configuration, like
this:
https://kb.asipto.com/asterisk:realtime:kamailio-4.0.x-asterisk-11.3.0-astdb

In my setup, Kamailio forwards all REGISTER requests to Asterisk, and
Asterisk authenticates them.

I have a single peer in sip.conf pointing towards the Kamailio server,
as type=peer

Each user in the Asterisk database is set to type=user, as when they are
set to anything else (or blank), incoming calls from Kamailio to
Asterisk display the name of the most recent extension to register.

Is there something wrong with my setup here?

What I am trying to do is to get MWI working. SUBSCRIBEs for MWI are
forwarded to and handled by Asterisk correctly.

Yet the MWI state on the handset is incorrect, as I believe it is
sending the latest MWI update to the most recently registered extension.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I assume I'm doing this the
wrong way and shouldn't be forwarding any REGISTERs to Asterisk and
should be handling authentication in Kamailio itself? But that seems
incompatible with the realtime configuration guides I've seen.

Thank you,
Hayden