[SR-Users] http_async_client "route_name" is considered a failure route?

Brooks Bridges bbridges at call48.com
Fri Oct 15 17:03:48 CEST 2021

So I've been working on this for a while, and I cannot seem to find a way around this.  When using the http_async_client to request data from an external API, the returned data in the "route_name" target is being treated as a failure route, so most of the subsequent processing and messaging that I want to do is not working, either because the function can't be used in a failure route, or because I have to create a transaction prior to doing the request, which then throws an error by immediately triggering a 500 after I return the response I want (via 302 to the requesting client).

Am I using http_async_client incorrectly somehow that's causing this behavior or is it expected that the response route is treated as a failure route?

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, and any attachment to it, contains privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named on the e-mail. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that reading this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately return it to the sender and delete it from your system.