[SR-Users] Kamailio as SUBCRIBE client

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 08:47:14 CEST 2021

Hello,

presence service are decoupled from registration service in SIP. To get
notified on a specific event, then the UA has to send a SUBSCRIBE to the
presentity for that event. Even the SUBSCRIBE comes to Kamailio, you can
route it to another SIP system. It is quite common for Kamailio to
handle SUBSCRIBE for user presence event and route SUBSCRIBE for MWI to
media server (e.g., Asterisk or FreeSwitch). Just to routing based on
Event header conditions.