[SR-Users] kamailio 4.4 + RTPPROXY - virtualbox - setup - callee or caller sends INVITE during the conversation and at REGISTER EXPIRES stop the connection

Youssef Boujraf yboujraf at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 09:03:45 CEST 2021

Dear

Thanks for your quick reply and sorry for spamming your mailbox.

I am very confused about the setup of kamailio.cfg and rtpproxy.
I have an existing kamailio 4.4 - rtpproxy running and I get the config
files from both and setup the new vm.
Just private connection works but the idea is to have connection from
outside too.
I am sure there is a mismatch with public ip, natting and/or setup of the
vm hosts file.

   - architecture:

*- 1x virtualbox*
  + 1x vm with bridge mode for network (get private ip address from the
router). I suppose this is the PRIVATE_IP
*+ 1x desktop (windows)* hosting a sipphone here Microsip (
https://www.microsip.org/)
*- 1x modem/router* from the telecom provider - bbox-3V+ from PROXIMUS
  + forced in DMZ host the Kamailio server PRIVATE_IP

[image: 211001 - kamailio architecture and settings.png]

   - the hosts file from Kamailio + rtpproxy is ( Maybe something is wrong
   or missing)

/etc/hosts

127.0.0.1       localhost
> 127.0.1.1       sipsecure.by-systems.be sipsecure
> 192.168.1.19    sipsecure.by-systems.be sipsecure
> xxx.XXX.xxx.XXX   sipsecure.by-systems.be sipsecure
> ::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
> ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
> ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

*/etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg*
kamailio.config

> #!define PUBLIC_IP "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
> #!define PRIVATE_IP "192.168.1.19"
> #!define PRIVATE_NET "192.168.1.0/24“
>
> #!ifdef WITH_NAT
>
> # ----- rtpproxy params -----
>
> modparam("rtpproxy", "rtpproxy_sock", "udp:PRIVATE_IP:7722")
>

> # ----- nathelper params -----
>
> modparam("nathelper", "natping_interval", 30)
>
> modparam("nathelper", "ping_nated_only", 1)
>
> modparam("nathelper", "sipping_bflag", FLB_NATSIPPING)
>
> modparam("nathelper", "sipping_from", "sip:pinger at kamailio.org")

*Etc/default/rtpproxy*

PRIVATE_IP=192.168.1.19

> PUBLIC_IP=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>
> rtpport_min= 10000
>
> rtpport_max=20000
>
> syslog=DBUG:LOG_LOCAL5
>
> #Defaults for rtpproxy
> #The control socket.
> #CONTROL_SOCK="unix:/var/run/rtpproxy/rtpproxy.sock"
> #To listen on an UDP socket, uncomment this line:
> #CONTROL_SOCK=udp:127.0.0.1:7722
> #Additional options that are passed to the daemon.
> EXTRA_OPTS="-l $PRIVATE_IP/$PUBLIC_IP ="-s $PRIVATE_IP:7222 -m $
> rtpport_min -M $rtpport_max -d $syslog"`

   - *Misconfiguring the VM*

That means do I need to use setup 1 or 2 or another

   1. 2x NIC interfaces (one with private ip, second from dmz ip + NAT1:1
   public ip)
   2. 1x NIC interface (one private ip and natted 1:1 with public address)

   - *test*

   1. *use case 1 : *connect two (2x) sipphone from private network
   (included kamailio) = OK
   2. *use case 2 :* connect one (1x) codec from private ip and one (1x)
   codec from public network (like mobile) =  = issue - disconnect after 30 s
   (register expires) start a conversation with audio but the caller or the
   callee continues to send and INVITE message.
   3. *use case 3 :* connect two (2x) sipphone from public network = issue
   - disconnect after 30 s (register expires) start a conversation with audio
   but the caller or the callee continue to send an INVITE message.

Best Regards,

Youssef BOUJRAF