[SR-Users] Kamailio 4.4 + rtpproxy behind the NAT (debian stretch 9.13)

Fred Posner fred at palner.com
Fri Oct 1 15:16:38 CEST 2021

On 10/1/21 7:00 AM, Youssef Boujraf wrote:
> Dear,
>
> I am testing the kakamilio 4.4 with rtpproxy on Debian stretch 9.13
> I have installed the packages

I would highly recommend using Debian 10 (or 11) and Kamailio 5.5 for
testing. Kamailio 4.4 is quite old at this time and security updates for
Debian stretch were discontinued more than 1 year ago.

>   * apt-get install kamailio and rtpproxy.
>   * kamailio 4.4
>   * rtpproxy Basic version: 20040107
>

> *My version of RTPPROXY doesn't have the -A parameter so that means
> without advertising there is no way to work behind NAT? That is what I
> have understood after spending one week on forums. Thanks if somebody
> could confirm otherwise, which way I need to go to figure out my issue?*

The advertised parameter will either need the patch available or a more
current version of rtpproxy.

* https://github.com/miconda/rtpproxy
* https://www.rtpproxy.org/

Now, the patch is almost 10 years old... and I would question, much like
with the version of Debian and Kamailio chosen, why you would purposely
use such outdated versions of software.

> [snip]
> Thanks if you could route me to the right way.

I would highly encourage you to use current builds of kamailio, Debian,
and either rtpproxy or rtpengine.

With best regards,

Fred Posner | palner.com
Matrix: @fred:matrix.lod.com