[SR-Users] DMQ Usrloc/Dialog - Experiences

Julien Chavanton jchavanton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 22:36:31 CET 2021

Hi Carsten, likewise on everything you said !

Good questions, a transaction is used and there will be retransmissions.
In such a case we get the normal transaction retransmission mechanism, if a
node becomes disconnected for a while, it is possible to request a full
sync, from all the other nodes, not very efficient but good for
consistency, a restart will do that.
This is why I added batching, on a LAN with support for jumbo frame this
makes a huge difference. (far less transactions, who can be expensive).
Even with an MTU of 1400 this will reduce the amount of transactions
greatly.

There can be race conditions when we sync/replicate while a
registration/unregistration is in progress (something highlighted by
Torrey) at Kamailio world.
Search the mailing list for "DMQ re-ordering concern", we did raise the
concern if any real significant concern there is in the mailing list.

Let us know what you think.
I think we should iterate and improve/deal with race condition concerns,
this native replication protocol is great IMHO