[SR-Users] DMQ Usrloc/Dialog - Experiences

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Mon Nov 29 15:45:59 CET 2021

Hi,

I wanted to quickly ask the group about experiences with DMQ and
Usrloc/Dialog.

I don't expect any issues when choosing such an approach, especially since
we would have re-transmits for a message (fr_timer = 30 seconds) if we did
not receive any answers or scenarios alike. So I assume, having short
"outages" (less than 30 seconds) for the communication is just fine.

So far I used DMQ in a non-IMS setup for synchronizing usrloc with ~15k
Subscribers and it worked really well.

One concern brought up (not by me) was, that synchronizing usrloc with DMQ
might not be reliable at scale. I would also love to understand how to
treat situations when the communication is lost for a longer period of time
(e.g. if the communication between nodes is lost for 5 minutes?).

Can anyone share some real-life experiences?

Thanks,
Carsten

--
Carsten Bock I CTO & Founder

ng-voice GmbH

Trostbrücke 1 I 20457 Hamburg I Germany
T +49 179 2021244 I www.ng-voice.com

Registry Office at Local Court Hamburg, HRB 120189
Managing Directors: Dr. David Bachmann, Carsten Bock