[SR-Users] Problem implementing Outbound Proxy

Christoph Russow russow at emtex.de
Fri Nov 26 10:53:23 CET 2021

Hi Karsten,

i think the config i used is more or less the example config shipped
with the current debian package besides adding the dispatcher module
config and some special database lookup and selecting a special
dispatcher group for "old" numbers stuff and removing registration and
presence routing and nat(detection). i attached the complete config on
my first email for reference.

the thing is kamailio routes calls to the selected carrier (freeswitch
originates the call directly to the carriers ip and just uses kamailio
as outbound_proxy the corresponding freeswitch config looks as follows
for the gateway i use in the originate command:
<include>
   <gateway name="kamailio">
	  <param name="proxy" value="192.168.10.180"/>
	  <param name="outbound-proxy" value="192.168.10.180"/>
	  <param name="register" value="false"/>
	  <param name="caller-id-in-from" value="true"/>
	  <param name="username" value="not-used"/>
	  <param name="password" value="not-used"/>
   </gateway>
</include>
the originate command i use looks like:
originate sofia/gateway/kamailio/<dstno>@<carrierip>
) but the carrier rejects it.

so my thought was that the carrier rejects it cause of the private
IPaddresses within several headers (as seen in the pcap attached to my
first mail as well) and i am now asking if somebody might have
experienced the same and found a solution with my current setup or if im
on the completely wrong track here and need to use something completely
different that i don't know of right now.

what i want to achieve is that either our application servers them self
select the target carrier based on the destination number the outbound
call goes to and just use kamailio as proxy (which is what i tried and
seemed to fail with the carrier) or that kamilio does that for me based
on whatever rules with whatever module it needs and i originate the
calls from the application servers to kamailio as the destination.

i just have no clue what would work best and how to solve my problem
here and need a nudge in the right direction.

Hope that clears stuff up a bit. if something is still unclear please
just ask.

Best regards
Christoph

Am 26.11.21 um 10:31 schrieb Karsten Horsmann:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> its easier for the mailinglist members to help you,
> if they see that you tried something and show for example your config
> snippet where you have issues.
>
> Right now its very hard to tell what to do.
>
> So "i use configuration like in the shipped one with kamailio X.Y.Z and
> i didnt get the point how to identify my freeswitch as trusted for
> outbound and i used the default config
> https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/blob/5.5.3/etc/kamailio.cfg#L566
> <https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/blob/5.5.3/etc/kamailio.cfg#L566>
> and didnt get pstn route working."
>
> As an example.
>
> Kind regards
> Karsten
>
> Am Fr., 26. Nov. 2021 um 10:16 Uhr schrieb Christoph Russow
> <russow at emtex.de <mailto:russow at emtex.de>>:
>
>     hi karsten,
>
>     yeah thats what i thought but i'm a bit without a clue here how to
>     achieve this. any hints?
>
>     Best regards
>     Christoph

EMTEX GmbH
Christoph Russow
Software Engineer

Bischof-Otto-Weg 9
D-91086 Aurachtal
                           Geschäftsführer:       Markus Enzinger
Tel. +49 9132 7490 0      Sitz der Gesellschaft: 91086 Aurachtal
Fax. +49 9132 7490 900    Amtsgericht Fürth:     HRB6804