[SR-Users] Forcing Outbound Socket

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Nov 11 13:37:26 CET 2021

> On 11 Nov 2021, at 12:48, Ross McKillop <ross at rsmck.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> On 11 Nov 2021, at 07:22, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net <mailto:oej at edvina.net>> wrote:
>>

>>> 10 nov. 2021 kl. 18:21 skrev Ross McKillop <ross at rsmck.co.uk <mailto:ross at rsmck.co.uk>>:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Thanks, I was almost certain that is set but it seems it may not be so will double check that, thank you :)
>>>
>>> Now to solve the other issue….
>> Just a nit-picking note: All these are non-standard fixes. The standard based way is to use the outbound module, it’s the way to allow the sip server to use an inbound TCP connection for outbound requests. This applies to client2server connections.
>>
>> For server2server connections there is a requirement of mutual TLS auth in order to be able to reuse the connection in both directions
>
> I thought this would be possible with TCP too.
No, if a client opens a TCP connection and registers over TCP, it provides a contact. The server is required to use that contact to set up a session to the client.
With SIP Outbound (and the module, the module implements this RFC) standard, the server is allowed to reuse the incoming TCP (or TCP/TLS) connection for outbound requests.

/O