[SR-Users] Forcing Outbound Socket

Ross McKillop ross at rsmck.co.uk
Wed Nov 10 16:34:49 CET 2021

Hi All,

Try as I may I cannot force an outbound TCP request to use a non-ephemeral source port.

Looking at the documentation it seems that as long as I have a line like

	listen=tcp:10.30.0.55:3339

I should be able to force an outbound connection to originate from that host and port, i.e. to establish a persistent connection from a specific socket to a remote host, but having tried to set it via $fs and set_send_socket() it always uses an ephemeral port.

Ideally I would like kamailio to use a specific source port for contacting a specific remote host and keep the TCP socket established, and it seems like it should be simple enough to do but it's not working as expected.

Best,
Ross