[SR-Users] Is this idea even feasible?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at kamailio.open.source.it
Thu Nov 4 14:49:22 CET 2021

On Wednesday 18 August 2021 at 13:40:25, David Villasmil wrote:

> In freeswitch you have the uuid_hold, etc api:
> https://www.freeswitch.org/confluence/plugins/servlet/mobile?contentId=1966
> 741#content/view/1966741
>
> You call the API uuid_hold [uuid] or uuid_hold off  [uuid] to take the
> channel out of hold.

Thank you for your assistance, and pointing in a helpful direction.

I now have a working solution based on FreeSwitch.

> UUID in freeswitch is what uniquely identifies a given channel.
>
> When you say:
>
> “ However, my understanding of a B2BUA is that *it* would then start
> handling the state of the calls itself - whether they're on hold, routing
> the transfers, etc.”
>
> This is correct, that’s how B2BUA works, but you can send an API to fs via
> ESL (tcp connection on port 8021
> https://freeswitch.org/confluence/plugins/servlet/mobile?contentId=15696286
> #content/view/1048916 ) to put on hold not just your channel, since that
> would simply send a reconly to your app, but also the B-leg of the call.

This is indeed what happens - FreeSwitch sends a re-invite containing sendonly
to the upstream PBX, which then puts the other party on hold and plays its own
hold music at them.  Exactly what I needed.

Thanks,

Antony.

--
I want to build a machine that will be proud of me.

 - Danny Hillis, creator of The Connection Machine

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.