[SR-Users] UAC reg_random_delay

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 13:52:41 CET 2021

Hello,

if you have:

modparam("uac", "reg_random_delay", 20)

modparam("uac", "reg_timer_interval", 20)

Then all are sent because the next timer callback is executed after
20secs, which is later than any delay value.

Try:

modparam("uac", "reg_random_delay", 300)

modparam("uac", "reg_timer_interval", 10)

On 03.11.21 13:28, Sergiu Pojoga wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> True. If I disable/re-enable or add registrations to a running system
> via rpc, then those are not sent simultaneously with the others.
>
> modparam("uac", "reg_timer_interval", 20)
>
> Let me know if you see a problem here or not. I'll log an issue about
> it on the tracker, if true.
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 5:53 AM Daniel-Constantin Mierla
> <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     registrations are sent on a timer callback function executed every
>     N secods that is specified via a modparam (check the readme). If
>     the next timer callback is going to be executed after the delay
>     value (or when the registration expires), then the (new)
>     registrations are sent on the current callback execution. Could be
>     this situation.
>
>     Cheers,
>     Daniel
>
>     On 03.11.21 08:36, Henning Westerholt wrote:
>>
>>     Hello Sergiu,
>>

>>     Interesting. I suspected something like this in the past as well
>>     but never looked into the randomness features in uac.
>>

>>     Let’s wait a bit if somebody else might comment on it, otherwise
>>     please open an issue about it on our tracker.
>>

>>     Cheers,
>>

>>     Henning
>>

>>     --
>>
>>     Henning Westerholt – https://skalatan.de/blog/
>>     <https://skalatan.de/blog/>
>>
>>     Kamailio services – https://gilawa.com <https://gilawa.com/>

Nov 08-11, 2021 (Europe Timezone) - Feb 21-24, 2022 (America Timezone)
  * https://www.asipto.com/sw/kamailio-advanced-training-online/