[SR-Users] handle_ruri_alias() and multiple aliases

Denys Pozniak denys.pozniak at gmail.com
Mon May 31 21:04:45 CEST 2021

Thanks, Alex and Ovidiu,

Yes, I agree that *set_contact_alias ()* should only be used once.
The essence of the problem is that all external connections are processed
as for NAT by default in my script.

Is there any reason for improving the *handle_ruri_alias ()* function so
that we can specify the ordinal number of the alias parameter?

пн, 31 мая 2021 г. в 21:10, Ovidiu Sas <osas at voipembedded.com>:

> If there are two proxies involved, only one should handle aliases (the
> one that is communicating directly with the endpoint).
> If a Contact has a private IP, but the request is coming from a proxy
> that is in charge of NAT, then the Contact should not be altered. When
> you route back in dialog requests, it is ok to have a private IP in
> RURI and proper Route headers, The next SIP hop (the other proxy) will
> take care of properly routing the request.
>
> Regards,
> Ovidiu Sas
>
> On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 1:53 PM Denys Pozniak <denys.pozniak at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > I need help understanding how the handle_ruri_alias() function works.
> > Call-flow: Upstream operator -> Kamailio Proxy -> Edpoint.
> >
> > The upstream operator in the initial SIP INVITE in the Contact field
> sends us an alias parameter, in turn, our Kamailio Proxy adds its own too.
> > The Contact after the Proxy looks something like this:
> >
> > Contact: <sip:10.0.0.115:5060
> ;alias=10.0.0.115~5060~1;alias=3.3.3.3~5060~1>
> >
> > When the Endpoint sends us a SIP BYE, then the handle_ruri_alias()
> absorbs not the last alias, but the first one, and this leads to the
> incorrect formation of a $du.
> > The RURI after the Proxy looks something like this:
> >
> > Request-Line: BYE sip:10.0.0.115:5060;alias=3.3.3.3~5060~1 SIP/2.0
> >
> > The first thing that comes to mind is a modification of the original
> Contact field with storing it's within a dialogue ...
> >
> > Is it possible to elegantly solve this problem?
> >
> > --
> >
> > BR,
> > Denys Pozniak

> VoIP Embedded, Inc.