[SR-Users] IMS IPSec does use UDP socket?

H Yavari hyavari at rocketmail.com
Thu May 20 03:00:46 CEST 2021

Hi to all,
I am interested in the implementation of IPsec module. When I run Kamailio, it is creating processes based on the below formulate:
UDP children * IPSEC_MAX_CONN * interfaces (v4 and v6) + (TCP+UD) processes for each interface.
For example:
children = 16tcp_children=16
IPSEC_MAX_CONN = 25and two interface : IPv6 and V4
Kamailio process count = (16 * 25 * 2 ) + 16 + 16 = 832
But why IPsec module is listening to UDP not TCP? this is an internal connection?

Thank you.
Regards,Hossein