[SR-Users] 5.4 dependency package question

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed May 19 16:38:11 CEST 2021

Hello,

is quite strange that you get those dependency requirements. I do not
have a bionic, I do it for buster and they are not required.

Searching for gcj-jdk on specs dirs results in:

ag gcj-jdk pkg/kamailio/deb/
pkg/kamailio/deb/debian/backports/bionic
21:# No app_java due lack of gcj-jdk
22:sed -i -e '/gcj-jdk/d' -e '/^Package: kamailio-java-modules/,/^$/d' \

pkg/kamailio/deb/debian/backports/sid
21:# No app_java due lack of gcj-jdk
22:sed -i -e '/gcj-jdk/d' -e '/^Package: kamailio-java-modules/,/^$/d' \

pkg/kamailio/deb/debian/backports/bullseye
21:# No app_java due lack of gcj-jdk
22:sed -i -e '/gcj-jdk/d' -e '/^Package: kamailio-java-modules/,/^$/d' \

pkg/kamailio/deb/debian/backports/focal
21:# No app_java due lack of gcj-jdk
22:sed -i -e '/gcj-jdk/d' -e '/^Package: kamailio-java-modules/,/^$/d' \

pkg/kamailio/deb/debian/control
17: gcj-jdk,

pkg/kamailio/deb/debian/backports/buster
21:# No app_java due lack of gcj-jdk
22:sed -i -e '/gcj-jdk/d' -e '/^Package: kamailio-java-modules/,/^$/d' \

pkg/kamailio/deb/precise/control
15: gcj-jdk,

pkg/kamailio/deb/stretch/control
17: gcj-jdk,

pkg/kamailio/deb/wheezy/control
15: gcj-jdk,

pkg/kamailio/deb/jessie/control
16: gcj-jdk,

pkg/kamailio/deb/xenial/control
16: gcj-jdk,

pkg/kamailio/deb/trusty/control
15: gcj-jdk,

So it is not in pkg/kamailio/deb/bionic/control (also not in the folder
for buster), you should not get it if debian symlink is pointing
correctly. I do the steps:

ln -s pkg/kamailio/deb/buster debian
make deb

every time I do a public kamailio release to be sure packages build fine
(independent of deb.kamailio.org portal) and no java/jdk is requested as
dependency. Can you try to run manually on a VM or docker with bionic?