[SR-Users] Kamailio as Load Balancer

Melek Oktay melekoktay at gmail.com
Tue May 18 10:59:21 CEST 2021

Hi,

I have been investigating distributing incoming/outgoing SIP traffic to
behind Kamailio SIP  servers in order to scale and other advantages too!.

SRV type distribution is not a good option, it is already tested.

So,  I am trying to deploy Kamailio as a *LoadBalancer* in Tier1 , so it
distributes traffic backbone Kamilio servers in Tier 2. There is a good
presentation as follows, actually I want to implement it.
https://www.kamailio.org/events/2013-KamailioWorld/23-Daniel-Constantin.Mierla-Load-Balancing-Load-Balancers.pdf

However, I could not find sample configurations and sample study ! Would
you show me sample configurations that Kamailio uses as a Load Balancer if
you have it.

Current Kamailio responsibilities in my system are:
 1. Registar Server
 2. Presence Server
 3. Sip proxy server
 4. WebSocket

Maybe it will be very good to separate  *Registar *Server &  *Presence *Server,
but could not find sample configurations too.

Best Regards
Melek

P.S.  If we could collect such configurations, I would share them for
community on Github.