[SR-Users] 5.4 dependency package question

Andrew Chen achen at fuze.com
Thu May 13 23:08:50 CEST 2021

The other option was to apply the "-d" to the dpkg-buildpackage binary to
ignore the dependencies..but I don't know what are the repercussions in
doing this.

Again, please advise. :)

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 3:56 PM Andrew Chen <achen at fuze.com> wrote:

> Btw, I manually downloaded the gcj-jdk deb package (
> gcj-jdk_6.4.0-3ubuntu1_amd64.deb) from Ubuntu main page and still I get
> this error:

>  gcj-jdk : Depends: libgcj-common (>= 1:6.4-3ubuntu1) but it is not installable
>            Depends: gcj-jre (>= 4:6.4.0-3ubuntu1) but it is not installable
>            Depends: gcj-6-jdk (>= 6.4.0-1~) but it is not installable
>

> I also did the same for libval-dev (libval-dev_2.2-4_amd64.deb) and got this:

>  libval-dev : Depends: libval15 (= 2.2-4) but it is not installable

> As for libxmlrpc-c3-dev, there is a "libxmlrpc-core-c3-dev" package.  Is that the same thing?  If not, does anyone know where I can get my hands on libxmlrpc-c3-dev.deb?
>

> On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 2:26 PM Andrew Chen <achen at fuze.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm trying to build a deb file of kamailio 5.4 and when doing
>> dpkg-buidpackage it gave a bunch of dependency warnings.
>>
>> I was able to take care a good number of them until I ran into this:
>>
>> *dpkg-checkbuilddeps: **error*: Unmet build dependencies: gcj-jdk
>> libval-dev libxmlrpc-c3-dev
>>

>> None of these packages are in the "apt-cache search" output.
>>

>> Below is a list of modules currently loaded in 5.2.5 and want to use them
>> again:
>>

>> INCLUDE_MODULES="exec rtpengine topoh carrierroute statsd dialplan kex tm
>> tmx sl rr pv maxfwd usrloc textops sdpops siputils xlog sanity ctl acc
>> dispatcher cfgutils permissions domain presence presence_xml nathelper
>> dialog tls htable pike db_mysql userblacklist sqlops websocket xhttp
>> siptrace tcpops jsonrpcs rtimer"
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>> --
>> Andy Chen
>> Sr. Telephony Lead Engineer
>> 415 516 5535 (M)
>> achen@ <achen at thinkingphones.com>fuze.com
>>

> --
> Andy Chen
> Sr. Telephony Lead Engineer
> 415 516 5535 (M)
> achen@ <achen at thinkingphones.com>fuze.com

--
Andy Chen
Sr. Telephony Lead Engineer
415 516 5535 (M)
achen@ <achen at thinkingphones.com>fuze.com

--
*Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any
attachments may be confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you