[SR-Users] Kamailio as front proxy for multiple sip servers

Eliphas Levy Theodoro eliphas at gmail.com
Wed May 5 23:44:07 CEST 2021

Hello!

I am trying to config one kamailio as reverse proxy for a bunch of internal
(no internet address) separate asterisk sip instances (per domain). The
kamailio server would be the only with the valid IP address, so would use
rtpengine to force to be in the media path.

Like this scenario:
https://opensips.org/pipermail/users/2020-August/043610.html

I have used as starting point this very basic config:
https://blog.voipxswitch.com/2015/03/27/kamailio-basic-sip-proxy-all-requests-setup/

Basically just added rtpproxy support, and voilà, inter-SIP is
working, media always passing into the proxy.

The problem: I would have WebRTC phones connecting too. I tried setting WSS
up in kamailio, and asterisk (pjsip) wouldn't know how to send the message
to the proxy: on register it has trasnport=wss in the contact: header,
looks like it is confusing the asterisk.

So, I resort for the wisdom of the list :) What would be the good-best-path
to take here, hack the header, or put the webphones registering directly on
the asterisks (with a nginx reverse proxy maybe)?

Someone must have already made a blog with such setup, but I could not
google-unearth it at least until now.

Regards,
--
Eliphas