[SR-Users] dialog OPTIONS

David Villasmil david.villasmil.work at gmail.com
Tue May 4 16:59:16 CEST 2021

Hello guys,

I'm using the dialog module, params are:

# ----- dialog params -----
modparam("dialog", "db_mode", 0)
modparam("dialog", "dlg_flag", 20)
modparam("dialog", "ka_timer", 10)
modparam("dialog", "ka_interval", 30)
modparam("dialog", "ka_failed_limit", 2)
modparam("dialog", "send_bye", 1)
modparam("dialog", "timer_procs", 1)

When receiving an INVITE, i'm doing

dlg_set_property("ka-src");
dlg_set_property("ka-dst");
dlg_set_property("timeout-noreset");

I have a couple questions:

The flow is the following:

clientA>-\
          kamailio<->freeswitch
clientB<-/

Kamailio receives an INVITE from ClientA, which I forward to freeswitch,
which in turn forwards it back to Kamailio.

In reality I would like to monitor only the client legs, but I'm having
problems, so I'm enabling OPTIONS on all legs.

On the ClientA legs, I see OPTIONS going from kamailio to both freeswitch
and the client.
But on the ClientB legs i don't see any OPTIONS at all.

Can someone point me in the right direction to enable it on all legs?

Something else i'm seeing is even though i set "ka_failed_limit" to 2,
kamailio is sending several OPTIONS before sending BYEs to both legs
(clientA, since there are no OPTIONS on clientB)

Thanks all,

David Villasmil
email: david.villasmil.work at gmail.com
phone: +34669448337