[SR-Users] Server requirements estimation

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 08:28:27 CET 2021

Hello,

there is no generic magic formula, it depends a lot on the configuration
file, what modules are used, if the system tracks transactions or
dialogs, how many records are cached in memory (e.g, lcr or dialplan),
encryption/decryptionneeds, as well as how many blocking/long time
operations are done (e.g., http query, db query, ...).

Dimensioning the memory can be done by starting the Kamailio, then get
the stats and see how much is the startup overhead, then you can push a
set of users or calls (e.g., 10000 registrations), get again the stats
and see how much was added, then you should be able to estimate how much
is needed (e.g., per registration). But even here you have to work with
a rough estimate, because different UAs have specific behaviour, like
larger header values (e.g., for a registration Kamailio stores the
callid, Contact URI, Path headers, ...).

Funding: https://www.paypal.me/dcmierla