[SR-Users] event_route when all modules have been loaded?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Mar 1 14:21:41 CET 2021

> On 1 Mar 2021, at 12:11, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
>
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> I think it does not matter the type of transport for the worker, likely
>> the docs had udp because that's usually the first worker. Also, IIRC,
>> sip specs mandate UDP support, but kamailio can start without.
>
> Yes, SIP specs mandate UDP support,
In implementations yes. But you can freely choose what you have in your
service. Which is what NAPTR is there for - to indicate to users what
kind of protocols your service supports and you preference.

To clarify: There’s no mandate that a service has to support UDP.

> but if a sip proxy does now have any
> clients using UDP, it does not make sense to enable UDP transport to
> consume resources for nothing.
I have services that are TLS only. That’s RFC compliant too :-)

/O