[SR-Users] set empty custom global variable

Arsen Semenov arsperger at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 18:23:47 CEST 2021

Then I don’t think it is possible as kamcmd uses kamailio binrpc protocol
which in turn accepts string or int as an arguments and string should be 0
terminated.

I’ve tried to reproduce your use case and execute  kamcmd “cfg.reset group”
- it should set the value to the default..  but it crushes my 5.5.0

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 at 8:53 PM, Sergey Safarov <s.safarov at gmail.com> wrote:

> yes, Arsen, you are correct.
>
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 5:20 PM Arsen Semenov <arsperger at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Sergey,
>>
>> Am I understanding you right, that you've defined a custom global
>> variable with an empty value in the kamailio.cfg
>> and then want to set a string value to it and then by executing cfg.sets
>> global var_name "" want to clear that value to be blank again?
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 4:31 PM Sergey Safarov <s.safarov at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> In Kamailio config I use empty global string variable
>>> local.trace_troubleshooting_net = "" descr "trace all SIP messages from
>>> given network"
>>>
>>> When I check variable value I get blank string
>>> kamcmd cfg.get local trace_troubleshooting_net
>>>
>>> I can set new value
>>> [root at host]# kamcmd cfg.sets local trace_troubleshooting_net "2600::/48"
>>> [root at host]# kamcmd cfg.get local trace_troubleshooting_net
>>> 2600::/48
>>>
>>> Now I want to set the empty custom  global variable using a command
>>> kamcmd cfg.sets group trace_troubleshooting_net ""
>>> But get error
>>> error: 400 - error at parameter 2: expected string type but record
>>> doesn't match type
>>>
>>> How to properly set empty values?

>> --
>> Arsen Semenov