[SR-Users] ATIS-1000085 STIR/SHAKEN DIV PASSporT

Steven Wheeler SWheeler at usinternet.com
Wed Jun 9 16:30:44 CEST 2021

I believe that David's interpretation is correct. My understanding of the standard is that it allows carriers which are diverting a call (call forwarding, simultaneous ringing, etc.) on behalf of one of their customers to provide the original attestation they received as well as information about where the call is being diverted to.

I'm no expert in STIR/SHAKEN, but my understanding is that this proposal adds two options to handle diversions. The first is a "div" passport which is added as an additional Identity header to the outgoing SIP message. The second is a "div-o" passport which includes the original Identity header within its value and replaces the original Identity header in the outgoing SIP message.

Steven Wheeler