[SR-Users] handle_ruri_alias() and multiple aliases

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 09:38:56 CEST 2021

Hello,

I also agree that it should be fixed in signalling processing rules, the
proxy that is not next hop after NAT route should not add alias parameter.

However, I also faced similar multi-alias issues a few times in the
past, when the proxy I controlled was the one that had to add the alias
and had to do some tricks in the config to get it working until the
issue was mitigated between companies. Iirc, in my case the issue was
more complex as the other proxy didn't consume it properly always.

Anyhow, from that moment I had it in my to-do list to check what takes
to add a mode to consume either first or last alias parameter, and since
same issue surfaced again in another corner of the world, I just looked
and updating the code was not complex. Therefore I just added in master
branch an optional mode parameter to handle_ruri_alias() to be able to
specify which one (first or last) should be consumed.

Testing and feedback is very appreciated!

On 01.06.21 00:32, Alex Balashov wrote:
> On 5/31/21 6:27 PM, Ovidiu Sas wrote:
>
>> You can adjust your script to use aliases only when needed. We want
>> clean and simple signalling.
>
> I strongly agree with Ovidiu. This is really the solution.

> Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)

Kamailio Advanced Training - Online - June 7-10, 2021 (America Timezone)
  * https://www.asipto.com/sw/kamailio-advanced-training-online/