[SR-Users] Setting up uacreg

Duncan Turnbull duncan at turnbull.co.nz
Wed Jul 28 05:34:19 CEST 2021

Hi there

I am a new user of Kamailio and we are trying to use it to be as a front
end for our asterisk pbx. We are running on Ubuntu 18.04 and Kamailio 5.3.8
with Siremis

Rather than proxying the request through to asterisk we are trying to use
uacreg to send a login to asterisk. Asterisk will think all the users are
appear from the proxy but thats okay. Initially this is just for external
users but eventually all phones etc will register via Kamailio and we will
have the trunks there (and split them across another kamailio but thats
another job)

If I add a user to the uacreg then when I register to Kamailio it sends a
register request but to the realm in the uacreg table and the matching port
Kamailio is running on.

Is this because somewhere we have set Kamailio to directly proxy on and we
need to turn that off first?

This is our uacreg table

mysql> select * from uacreg;
+----+--------+------------+------------+------------+-----------+-----------+---------------+---------------+----------+--------------------+---------+-------+-----------+--------+
| id | l_uuid | l_username | l_domain   | r_username | r_domain  | realm
  | auth_username | auth_password | auth_ha1 | auth_proxy         | expires
| flags | reg_delay | socket |
|  1 | testuser | testuser     | ourdomain.com | 88         | 10.8.8.20 |
10.8.8.20 | 88            | password  | ''       | sip:10.8.8.20:5060 |
360 |     0 |         3 |        |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

All pointer, guides and recommendations will be welcome

Thanks very much

Cheers Duncan