[SR-Users] serial forking kamailio - twilio

Filippo Graziola filippo.graziola at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 08:09:42 CEST 2021

Hi, thanks for answering. Based on your answer I was able to move the
call sequence to Twilio instead of handling in kamailio, now I send
the INVITE from kamailio to Twilio and in Twilio make a request to my
own API endpoint to create the call sequence and call logs.

thanks

Filippo

I think what you’re asking is: if a call is answered and hung up, can
Kamailio make another call to somewhere else?

If so, the answer is no; proxies just can’t do that. Forking deals
with the management early-stage requests during their pendency. Once a
final dispositive reply for a request is received from the upstream
UA, the transaction is finished. Kamailio cannot initiate new
transactions in that sense.

So, to roll over to another route after an answer+hangup, you’d need
to implement this on the calling UA side.

Is that an accurate understanding of your question?