[SR-Users] DMQ_USRLOC module and calls

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Jul 13 17:02:26 CEST 2021

Path doesn’t share registrations. It just allows routing from B back through A in order to reach the endpoint, rather than trying to reach the endpoint directly. It’s just a header that says “when contacting this registrant, hop/detour through the original registrant”.

But, Path doesn’t do anything else. So, if you want registrar B to know that the registrant is registered anywhere at all — A or B — and the Contact/URI at which to reach it (whether directly or through a Path hop), you need some means of replicating the registration database. dmq_usrloc provides this aspect.

Path and dmq_usrloc do entirely different things, of different degrees of significance to the overall process. The “heavy” part is done by usrloc/dmq_usrloc.

—
Sent from mobile, with due apologies for brevity and errors.