[SR-Users] Kamailio BSD license

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 08:27:33 CEST 2021

Hello,

Kamailio as a whole is GPLv2 or later, due to virality of GPL.

Parts of its code are indeed BSD (each code file has at the top the
license), you have to use those code individually to be under BSD.

On the other hand, you can deploy Kamailio to customer environment, GPL
does not restrict that. If it is stock Kamailio, then you do not have
any other constraint. If you develop own C code extensions, your
customer is entitled to request the sources and get them (could be at
cost, but not exceeding the cost of binary, iirc -- however, it is
better to check with a professional in licensing, I am not one).