[SR-Users] Kamailio as inbound and outbound proxy

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Jan 29 02:51:17 CET 2021

You need two Record-Route headers, one for the ingress interface and one
for the exit interface. They are added in a different order depending on
which exit interface is used.

Fortunately, there is an option for just that, and it's on by default:

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.4.x/modules/rr.html#rr.p.enable_double_rr

-- Alex

On 1/28/21 6:53 PM, Michael Friesen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to configure Kamailio as both an inbound and outbound proxy.
> Inbound requests flow Sip Trunk -> Kamailio -> Asterisk.  Outbound
> requests flow Asterisk -> Kamailio -> Sip Trunk.  Inbound traffic is
> sent to port 5060 on kamailio which listens on the PRIVATE_IP:5060 and
> advertises PUBLIC_IP:5060.  How can we ensure that when messages are
> sent to the Sip Trunk they have Record-Route headers with the PUBLIC_IP
> and when messages are sent to asterisk they have Record-Route headers
> with the PRIVATE_IP?

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)