[SR-Users] handling rejected REFER messages

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 12:32:10 CET 2021

Hello,

converting a REFER to an INVITE and sending out is not going to solve
anything. The REFER is to trigger a different call to another target,
while the invite is to renegotiate the session (eventually with a
replace indication). If the endpoints do not support REFER, then you
need SIP application servers (b2bua) like Asterisk, FreeSwich or SEMS to
handle it and initiate new calls.

Funding: https://www.paypal.me/dcmierla