[SR-Users] Roadmap to the next major release - v5.5.0

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 16:19:55 CET 2021

Hello,

it is the time to plan a bit the road to the next major release, to be
versioned 5.5.0.

The 5.4.0 was release by end of July 2020, therefore we are approaching
the end of our usual development cycle, also during the last online
devel meeting we considered the 2nd part of spring 2021 as a target time
frame for 5.5.

To narrow it down, I would propose to freeze the development at the end
of March 2021, test during April and maybe beginning of May, then
release v5.5.0.

So far we have a lot of development to existing components, by the
freeze date I expect 3-5 new modules to be in the repo as well.

If anyone wants a different time line towards 5.5.0, let's discuss and
choose the one that suits most of the developers.

Funding: https://www.paypal.me/dcmierla