[SR-Users] Connection between Kamailio and redirect server

Gerrit Jacobsen gjacobsen at rigatta.com
Tue Feb 16 11:39:05 CET 2021

Hi Igor,

> I'm not sure to understand, and even after reading the dispatcher module documentation, if my understanding is correct: in the use-case described, the module is used to load-balance the INVITE towards multiple route servers, right?

yes. You don't necessarily need the dispatcher for your case.

> But then, I'm not sure to understand what is reading the 302 responses and the URI include.

The 302 responses are processed in the failure route by the TM module. You have to set the failure route before you send the invite to the redirect server.
https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/tm.html#tm.serial_forking <https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/tm.html#tm.serial_forking>

Best Gerry