[SR-Users] Active/active keepalived - Kamailio includes non-local virtual IP in "myself" which breaks DMQ call routing

Rhys Hanrahan rhys at nexusone.com.au
Wed Dec 22 11:59:17 CET 2021

Hi Everyone,

I have just opened a feature request and a patch which addresses the request, here: https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/issues/2984

I haven't gone to the extent of doing proper commits and a pull request yet, as I'm not sure if anything I've done would get outright rejected. But if it seems roughly OK then I will go ahead and do that!

I would really appreciate some feedback on if my approach is OK as this is my first time attempting any changes to Kamailio.

Given the depth of the issue  occurring, I felt that a change at the code level was the best way to address my issues, as I didn't know how many crazy edge cases I might have to deal with if trying to fix this in the config alone - this way seemed a lot simpler and neater.

This so far seems to address all the issues I raised below - in my testing so far I can at least confirm it allows lookup() to behave correctly with PATH support, when a virtual IP is active on one node but not the other.

Thanks!
Rhys.