[SR-Users] Issue Bug in SEMS (transparent SBC profile)

Henning Westerholt hw at gilawa.com
Sat Dec 18 16:17:23 CET 2021

Hello,

I think in this particular case (SIP authentication) this is not correct  (RFC 3261, 22.2):

"When a UAC resubmits a request with its credentials after receiving a
   401 (Unauthorized) or 407 (Proxy Authentication Required) response,
   it MUST increment the CSeq header field value as it would normally
   when sending an updated request."

Refer also e.g. to RFC 3665, where it clearly shows the incremented CSEQ for the 401/407 challenges.

Cheers,

Henning

Kamailio services - https://gilawa.com