[SR-Users] Issue Bug in SEMS (transparent SBC profile)

Mojtaba mespio at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 15:08:06 CET 2021

Hello,
Let' me describe the scenario:
<UE>---------><SEMS>-----------><ASTERISK>
The UE tries to make calls, The first INVITE message is without an
Authentication header. The Asterisk server returns 401 Unauthorized.
The UE sends again INVITE messages to the asterisk server. The second
INVITE message has an Authentication header. Because both INVITE messages
have the same CSeq, the asterisk server thinks this is a LOOP message and
sends 401 Unautirozed messages again.
In both cases, the Sems set "CSeq: 10 INVITE" header, while the second the
INVITE message is not re-invite message and the CSeq should be set
incremental.

On Sat, Dec 18, 2021 at 11:15 AM Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:

> Mojtaba writes:
>
> > Yes, all other headers are supported. But I don't know why in the Invite
> > message, the value of CSeq is not changed, and all invite messages have
> 10
> > INVITE. This caused the asterisk server could not pass the Authentication
> > process.
>
> Are you saying that re-INVITEs have the same CSeq value as the intial
> INVITE?
>
> In initial INVITEs CSeq can have any value:
>
>    8.1.1.5 CSeq
>
>    For non-REGISTER requests
>    outside of a dialog, the sequence number value is arbitrary.
>
> -- Juha

--Mojtaba Esfandiari.S