[SR-Users] topos xavu_field_contact_host kamailio 5.5

Jonathan Hunter hunterj91 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 3 08:57:15 CET 2021

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone can help, and advise me if I am missing something when using topos in an environment where I have more than one interface for kamailio.

Essentially I would like to set the contact_host to 2 different values depending on the flow of the SIP requests, as we have a private LAN interconnect for example 10.10.10.10, and a public interconnect using 2.2.2.2 (for example).

I notice there is xavu for A-side contact and B-side contact, but what about just the contact host?

As I have set for example;

modparam("topos", "xavu_cfg", "_tps_")
modparam("topos", "xavu_field_contact_host", "contact_host")
    $xavu(_tps_=>contact_host) = "2.2.2.2";

And this works fine but obviously sets the contact_host to 8.8.8.8 across both interfaces, I ideally want it to change between 10.10.10.10 and 2.2.2.2.

How can I set more than one contact_host $xavu that topos can use? As my understanding is you can only set $xavu once, so is there another way to manipulate the contact_host on requests coming in and out on different interfaces?  I assume I am missing something? :)

Thanks in advance

Jon