[SR-Users] MS Teams outbound calls. Called number normalization

Володимир Іванець volodyaivanets at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 14:30:14 CEST 2021

Hello all!

I'm testing integration with MS Teams. I treat calls from Teams to the
phone system the same way as calls from phones. And would like to ask if
someone has already dealt with this.

My test account location is set to the United States. When I make a call to
"200", an INVITE request from Teams to Kamailio will have "+1200" in the To
URI user. I could just strip "+1" but when I make a call to "100", Teams
sends "+100". So in this case I need to strip only one character.

The problem is that I don't know when I need to remove one or two
characters. And it gets more complicated when I change my test account
location. For some countries, Teams prepend 3 characters.

What do to make sure phone numbers are consistent? I thought this behavior
could be disabled in Teams but could not find anything related yet.

Thank you!

Regards, Volodymyr Ivanets